History of Mississippi Place
The Mississippi Place site was home to 4 Victorian mansions which were built in the 1880’s and 1890’s. In the early 1970’s the homes were purchased and then demolished to build a grade school. The school recently ceased operations on the site. Gilded Age purchased the site and is now, using photographs of the original buildings, constructing 16 townhouses within replicas of the original mansions.
The intersection of Lafayette and Mississippi Avenues comes to life as Mississippi Place marks a new era in the history of Lafayette Square. Mississippi Place is a dramatic, new construction project that pays homage to the rich turn-of-the-century, Victorian architecture of Lafayette Square.